Monday 27 February 2012

Music channel?

Previously I have researched into music channels however have not discussed what channel we shall use for our promotional package.



Our genre comes under indie rock and is targetted at 16-25 year old girls and boys therefore the music channel we chose needs to be the correct channel in order to make our promotional package a success.



Here are the possibilities: MTV, MTV HITS, Q, NME AND VH1!!



However before making a decision, I will go onto each one of their websites to see where Bloc Party is most popular. Then I will spend half an hour watching these music channels and find out the videos they air and see if they will attract our target audience.







This first study I looked at was MTV, I have reguarly seen Bloc Party's videos on this channel however still thought it was a good idea to research into their channel.


All I did was type Bloc Party into their search engine and their MTV channel came up. Showing all their videos at the right hand side. I could also view exclusive MTV live videos from festivals such as Oxygen and Reading.



Taking this into account, we placed MTV's logo into final cut to see how it looked this is what we found:





No comments:

Post a Comment