Monday 26 September 2011

Iconography



Iconography of INDIE- our target audience
DEFINITION:
Symbolic representation, especially the conventional meanings attached to an image or images.To start of with I thought it was best if I do a brainstorm of everything I can think of which links to the indie genre, this will help me with the narrative of my music video and bringing in the correct conventions. I looked at the mise-en-scene, fashion, music, emotions which is shown in both diagrams.

On bubblr.com I created a spider diagram which links together important aspects I found in my brainstorm below.

Brainstorm of ideas associated with INDIE.

LOCATIONS

Camden Town- Well known for its quirkyness and indie scenceters, with many piercing shops, bars and clubs. A very typical place "indie" people would hang out and night or in the day with the busy market.




Mise-en-scene

"The Indie Scenester still likes to be ahead of the game when it comes to discovering new music. They still can’t quite shake off the skinny jeans though"- http://www.uktribes.com/

The mood board below gives a great insight into the mise-en-scene of Indie artists and bands. As you can see the clothing they wear is skinny jeans and overall tight clothing which is in fact a very stereotypical representation of indie people.

No comments:

Post a Comment